Can you spare an hour or two?
SRSH relies on volunteers to keep our food pantry running and elementary school children supplied with bags of food! If you have a little time to spare, give us a call at (304) 599-5020. Our USDA food delivery days are a great chance for a group of friends or a work team to pitch in! Our USDA delivery is usually the fourth Wednesday of every month. Thank you for helping us to make a difference!
Learn more about hunger
Feeding America has just released the Hunger in American 2014 study. Take time to learn more about the very real problem of hunger. Click here to link to the study; download the executive summary or watch the video or read the study in it's entirety. Educate yourself and then get in touch to find out how you can help us combat hunger and food insecurity in Monongalia County.
Support SRSH while you shop on Amazon
Click this link and add it to your favorites to use every time you shop at Amazon.com and a portion of the proceeds from your sale will support SRSH!
Evening Food Pantry Hours
SRSH's food pantry is open on Wednesdays from 5pm - 7pm. These hours are in addition to the regular pantry times of 9:30am - 11:30am on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Clients seeking assistance through the food pantry, which includes pet items and household/hygiene items, are eligible for service every sixty days.
SRSH requires the following for service: a photo ID, social security card for the person requesting assistance as well as every household member listed on the application for service, proof of address, and proof of income. Questions? Give us a call at (304) 599-5020.
Did You Know?
Just over 20% of Monongalia County residents live at or below the poverty line! That is one in five...so the next time you are sitting around a table with some friends take note that one (or more) of you could be in need of our services.
Want to help make a difference for your neighbors in need?
Put on your thinking cap and do something creative to support our programs and services!
- Get a group together and volunteer for our Home Repair program!
- Start collecting school supplies and backpacks for our school supply give-a-way (we gave out over 500 fully-stocked backpacks in 2014!)
- Have a food drive where you work (even better, have a challenge between departments!)
- Get a group or co-workers or friends together and volunteer in our food pantry or packing backpack food bags
- Have a baby shower for our baby basics pantry--we are always in need of diapers sizes 4 - 6, pull up pants, wipes, formula (we'll take your samples!), and baby food.
- Come out and work in our vegetable garden or donate some of the harvest from your own garden
- Tell people why our services are vital to the community
- Spread some love, compassion, kindness and respect to someone you don't even know